What information in considered to identify you personally? Information that is used by a government authority, financial institution or insurance carrier to distinguish a person from other individuals (e.g., social security number, social insurance number, credit card information, or insurance policy number) is private. Certain information may also be used to contact a person directly (e.g., an email address, home mailing address or home telephone number) and we also consider this Personal Information.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE CANADIAN PHOTOGRAPHY CO. YOU AGREE TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED HEREIN. THIS WEBSITE IS OPERATED IN CANADA AND THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIS WEBSITE MAY BE RETAINED INDEFINITELY, AND MAY BE STORED, ACCESSED, AND USED TO SERVE YOUR CUSTOMER NEEDS.
- “Content” means photographs, vectors, drawings, cinemagraphs, illustrations, fonts, graphics and any other such digital material featured on the Canadian Photography Co. website and that has been selected and identified on the Invoice
- “Footage” means any moving Content, animations, films, videos or other audio/visual representations, excluding still Content, recorded in any format that are available for licence from The Canadian Photography Co. website.
- “Image(s)” means photographs, vectors, drawings, cinemagraphs, and the like available for licence from The Canadian Photography Co. website.
- “Terms” Means the terms of service set out in this Agreement and includes the terms contained in the Invoice. The terms contained in the Invoice replace those in this Agreement to the extent of any inconsistency.
- “Contributor” Means the owner of the copyright in the Content or their agent(s) who have submitted the Content to The Canadian Photography Co.
- “Invoice” Means the computer-generated or pre-printed invoice provided by The Canadian Photography Co. that may include, without limitation, details of the Content selected, any limitations on the Licence in addition to those specified herein, the key terms of the Licence and the corresponding price for the Licence. The terms contained in the Invoice shall be incorporated into this Agreement and all references to the Agreement shall include those terms.
- “Licence” Means the non-exclusive (unless otherwise stated in the Invoice) non-sub-licensable right The Canadian Photography Co. grants to you to use the Content.
- ”Reproduction” Includes any form of copying or publication of the whole or part of any Content whether by printing, slide projection or other display (whether or not to an audience), electronic, digital or mechanical means, use as a reference by an artist or in an artist’s illustration or by any other means. Reproduction further includes the copying or distortion or manipulation of the whole or part of any Content (for example, by computer, electronically, digitally by an artist or by any other means), even though the resulting content may not appear to a reasonable person to be derived from the original Content.
- “Release” Means a model or property release or any other release of a third party right or other permission which it is necessary or desirable to obtain in respect of any Content.
- “Licence Fee” Means any sum or sums payable to The Canadian Photography Co. by you in respect of the Licence.
- “Non-Exclusive Right” means you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. The Canadian Photography Co. can licence the same content to other customers.
- “Comp Use” means content that is copied, modified and incorporated in materials for sample use including comprehensive layouts.
- “Model” means any person depicted in Content.
- Information Collected
As a visitor to the website, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
When you visit this website, some information may be collected automatically as part of the website’s operation such as your IP and email address and navigational information.
If you register to use our website, you may be asked to provide contact information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, password and other information. Registration enables you to access higher resolution images and to enter into a licence to use images for Comp Use.
If you wish to licence an image from us, your username, password, full name, telephone number, email address and postal address, and billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card; and demographic information such as your job title, job description and company name and company type. Your email address is used to confirm the licensing transaction.
If you submit content to The Canadian Photography Co. for licensing, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, address, phone number, primary address, and email address.
- The Canadian Photography Co. will verify this information by asking you to either: a) upload a scan of a government issued ID (which will be stored on our servers); or b) provide a credit card number. Your credit card number will be used solely for the purpose of verifying your name and address. The credit card number will not be stored.
- Payment and contributor information including, but not limited to, payout method, payout email, desired display name, skill level, content focus, etc.
From time to time we may ask you questions relating to your user preferences in order to better serve you and improve the use of our website. Providing information regarding your usage and preferences is always voluntary, however, if you choose not to provide the information, some products and services may not be available to you.
We may use your email to contact you regarding our services, products and promotional offers for direct marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, you may opt out by emailing us as email@example.com and notifying us that you no longer wish to receive promotional information.
- Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information at any time. This may be accomplished by clicking on the link, “My Account”, where you can view and make changes to most of your Personal Information immediately. If you are a Contributor, you can change your profile here. For security purposes, certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- Use of Your Personal Information
The Canadian Photography Co. collects Personal Information and uses this information to:
- Create and manage your account
- Process your financial transactions
- Send order / licence renewal confirmations
- Provide customer service
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Send you requested product or service information
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of The Canadian Photography Co. and selected third parties
- Perform research and analysis to improve our products, services, and technologies, including sending you surveys
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms and Conditions and/or Licence Agreements
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you
- Use of Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We may disclose Personal Information to necessary payment processors, whose privacy policies and practices may be different from ours, and for which we assume no responsibility. The Canadian Photography Co. uses one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use Personal Information for any other purpose.
Information about our customers, including Personal Information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of the The Canadian Photography Co. assets or acquisition as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the The Canadian Photography Co., but we will provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on this website.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, customers, or the public. Other than as described above we do not sell or rent Personal Information about our customers to third parties.
We may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or confidential information.
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- Consent of Your Personal Information
When you visit The Canadian Photography Co. website, a text file called a cookie is placed in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information and your navigational and licensing. It allows the web browser to recognize the pages you have been to when you are visiting the website, and allows you to quickly return to viewed pages. Cookies are not linked the website.
Most browsers allow you to decline cookies, but if you elect to do so, certain pages and user features such as light boxes may not display properly. You are free to delete cookies after your session, and your browser should contain instructions on how to do this.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide website functionality.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by The Canadian Photography Co. and our affiliates, analytics services and service to provide website features and functionality. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Choice / Opt Out
You may “opt out” of receiving our email updates, newsletters and/or partner emails by clicking on the “My Account” link on the website and making the appropriate selections. The choice to opt out of such communications is also available during the sign-up process. In addition, we will still send you service-related announcements including, but not limited to, a registration email, benefit notification emails, emails automatically triggered by actions you took on the website and bill related notices. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you wish not to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account.
- Protection of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the website is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to our website.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
We strive to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can send email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Social Media Widgets
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this website or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information please contact email@example.com to have the data removed and to terminate the minor’s account.